POST 57 QUEEN of HEARTS!
Elgin Post 57 continued its Queen of Hearts program on MONDAY, September 9th, 2019 at 8 PM. Cynthia L. was the winner and selected Card #21. That card was the 10 (ten) of Spades.
Cynthia won $50.00!
Next Jackpot will be $1,876.00 and the drawing will take place on Monday, 09/16/2019 at 8 P.M. Tickets will be available at the Canteen during regular business hours and will be sold up to 15 minutes before the drawing. Net Ticket sales will be added to the remaining Jack Pot for the next weeks drawing. Ticket are 6 for $5.00 (sold in $5.00 lots only) and participants can purchase as many tickets as they want. Tickets need to be purchased (cash only) in person at the Post 57 Canteen and participants must be at least 18 years old to play. Participants do not have to be present to win. This program is open to the public.
820 N. Liberty Street
Elgin, IL 60120
10am - 9pm Monday - Thursday
10am - 10pm Friday - Saturday
10am - 7pm Sunday
This week's Jackpots are listed below:
AMERICAN LEGION POST 57 LIGHTNING!
Thursday, September 12th, 2019
AMERICAN LEGION LIGHTNING!! $3500.00 JACKPOT.
ONLY 92 UNOPENED TABS LEFT!
Would you like to play Lightning? The American Legion at 830 N. Liberty St. is open to the public to play Lightning on Thursdays during Family Burger Night. We play four or five games of Lightning starting shortly after 6 pm. The winnings ranged from $37 to $72 for the games played in August. There are now only 92 unopened tabs on the jackpot board for a $3,500 jackpot.
ALL OF THE FOLLOWING OPEN TO THE PUBLIC
* POST BINGO: Every Friday: Early Games – 7:05pm, Bingo – 7:40pm
Start selling Cards at 6pm
* AUXILIARY BINGO: Every Sunday: Early Games – 1:30pm, Bingo – 2pm
Start selling Cards at 12:30pm
(No BINGO on Easter, Mother’s Day and Father’s Day)
* DAILY LUNCHES: Wednesday, Thursday & Friday: 11:30 – 1pm
* BURGER NIGHT WITH LIGHTNING: Every Thursday, 5:30 – 7:30pm
* FISH FRY: Every Friday, 4:00 – 7pm
* SUNDAY BREAKFAST: Every 2nd Sunday, 9am – Noon
(Except Easter / Mother’s Day)
* SUNDAY BRUNCH: Easter and Mother’sDay, 9am – Noon (All you can eat!)
* SPAGHETTI NIGHT: Every 2nd Wednesday, 5pm – 7pm
* VIDEO GAMING: 10am – Close
* QUEEN OF HEARTS: Drawing every Monday, 8pm
(Tickets on sale during regular business hours)
* VA BENEFIT DAY: Every 4th Friday, 9:30 – 2pm (No appointment needed, Click HERE)
* August 17th, Purple Heart Recipients Lunch, 11am
* August 23rd, VA Benefit Day, 9:30am - 2pm (Click HERE)
* September 2nd, Labor Day Steak Fry, 2 - 5pm
* September 8th, First Sunday Breakfast, 9 - 12pm
* September 11th, Patriot's Day Ceremony, 9am
* September 11th, Spaghetti Dinner, 5 - 7pm
* September 14th, Motorcycle Ride for Veterans (Click Here)
We are the largest Veteran's organization of Veterans helping Veterans. Begun in 1919, and still serving our Veterans and their families today.
You are eligible to become a member of the American Legion, and we would like you to join us here at Elgin Post 57 if you meet the following requirements as established by The United States Congress:
* Honorable Discharge from the United States Military (all branches of service including Merchant Marines who served during WW2)-
* Provide us with a copy of your DD214 (if you cannot provide one, we can help you to secure a copy of yours)-
The dates of eligibility are:
WW1 (4/6/17 - 11/11/18)
WW2 (12/7/41 - 12/31/46)
Korea (6/25/50 - 1/31/55)
Viet Nam (2/28/61 - 5/7/75)
Grenada/Lebanon (8/24/82 - 7/31/84)
Panama (12/20/89 - 1/31/90)
Persian Gulf War (8/20/90 until cessation)
We look forward to you joining us here as a member of the American Legion Elgin Post 57, or as a member of the American Legion (Women's) Auxiliary Unit 57, or the Sons of the American Legion Squadron 57!
American Legion Has Change in Eligibility Criteria
President Trump signed into law a bill that declares the United States has been in a state of war since December 7, 1941. The American Legion fought for this declaration to honor approximately 1,600 U.S. service members who were killed or wounded during previously undeclared periods of war.
The LEGION Act (Let Everyone Get Involved in Opportunities for National Service Act) allows for approximately six million veterans to join the American Legion, the largest veterans’ service organization.
These veterans who join will benefit from American Legion programs and other veterans’ benefits. National Commander Brett Reistad said, “Recognizing the service of these wartime veterans is the right thing to do and is long overdue. Moreover, we are proud to welcome … veterans from previously unrecognized periods into our organization and call them ‘Legionnaires.’”
As of the July 30 signing, the American Legion’s eligibility criteria changes to two eras: April 6, 1917 to Nov. 11, 1918 and Dec. 7, 1941 to a time later determined by Congress.
The Legion with nearly two million members and 13,000 posts nationwide assists veterans, military personnel and their families with donations, grants and legislative advocacy.
American Legion Elgin Post 57 invites veterans to join its post that supports veterans, community and local youths. Its monthly meeting is held at 7 p.m. on the second Tuesday of each month at 820 N. Liberty street, Elgin, Il. .
For more information, contact our post at 847-741-1684.