Veteran's Assistance Satellite Clinic at Post 57
If you have questions about assistance or services, please join us at Post 57 to meet with a representative available every Fourth Friday from 9:30am-2:00pm. Questions will be answered by Service Officers from Kane County Veterans Services Office, Hanover Township, and Hines V.A. Hospital.
Other services available at this time will be Veterans Employment from State of Illinois and job openings for veterans presented by the Elgin Chamber of Commerce an Elgin Community College.
During these sessions, veterans can get assistance with:
1. Enrollment for VA HealthCare
2. Explanation of VA Healthcare Benefits and Eligibility
3. Registered Nurse Visits for NON-emergent Healthcare i.e. Blood pressure screening, Weight Management, Medication Reconciliation
4. Preventive Care
5. Immunizations – flu, pneumonia, pneumonia booster, tetanus/diphtheria/pertussis
6. Assistance with Scheduling Appointments for Primary Care, Specialty Clinics and Compensation & Pension
7. Veteran Service Officer onsite to help with other benefits
See below for links to the American Legion Veteran's Assistance website and forms that are most commonly needed.
Click here for information about Veteran's Services such as:
Finding a Service Officer
Click here for information about Veteran's Benefits such as:
Claims Coach Mobile App
Get Help With Claims
Local Veterans Assistance
Click here for more information about Veteran's Healthcare such as:
Veterans Health Administration
Enrolling in VA
Military Health History
Traumatic Brain Injury
Community-Based Outpatient Clinics (CBOCs)
Veterans Treatment Courts
State Veterans Home
OEF/OIF Health Benefits
Click the link below to find out more about Veterans Benefits for Seniors
For more information about the American Legion in Illinois, please visit the American Legion Department of Illinois here.
For more information about the American Legion, or more links to veteran's services and programs, please visit the American Legion website here.
Hooves to Heal in Marengo, Illinois helps physically disabled Vets and and Vets with PTSD to recover by working with horses. Horses have a strong power to help people heal.
Contact Patty Mozal at 847-293-6176